Monday, March 26, 2007

Ryan Giggs Yearns To Win One More Champions League Trophy With Man United – Wales Captain Hints At Management Career

Manchester United winger and Wales captain Ryan Giggs wants to win one more Champions League trophy before retiring and then could take a leaf out of former Red Devils Mark Hughes’ or Steve Bruce’s book in making a career in management.

"Having tasted victory in 1999, it is a burning desire of mine to win the European Cup again," 33-year-old Giggs told Champions, the official magazine of the UEFA Champions League.

"I saw what it meant to the fans and what it did in terms of recognition for Manchester United and I want to experience it again.

"If I retired having won just the one Champions League, I would feel disappointed. To go for seven or eight years after that 1999 win and not match that night ever again would be a let down,” explained Giggs.

On a query whether management was his option for a post-playing career, Giggs said: "As for management, I have friends who have gone into management and I agree the Wales job would be a very exciting one.

"I certainly know Mark Hughes enjoyed it as Wales manager. It came at the right time for him and was a good learning process.

"If I was to go into management then that would be the route I would go down, definitely.” [Via]

No comments: