Saturday, March 24, 2007

I never want to fail, says Giggs

Ryan Giggs is one of football's most decorated players, but the Welshman says that it is an adversity to failure that drives him on.

Giggs has won eight league titles, a European Cup, four FA Cups, two League Cups, and European Super Cup and Inter-Continental Club Cup winners medals in a glorious 16-year career at Old Trafford.

But the dedicated and determined Welsh winger, who has been influential for the Reds this season, doesn't want to stop there.

"I hate to fail at anything I do," he says. "That's what drives me on to the next game, the next season, the next trophy - I just don't want to fail."

It is now eight years since United's Champions League triumph at the Nou Camp in 1999, three years since the last league success, and with the FA Cup final being held at the new Wembley, Giggs says he is driven to adding to his impressive trophy cabinet this term.

"As a player you need new challenges and that's what keeps the edge to your game," he said.

"We haven't won the Champions League since 1999, and you only have to look at the FA Cup, that drives us on because we want to be the first club to lift the cup at the new Wembley.

"I'm very proud of what I and the club have done, but we have not won the Premiership for the last three years and that in particular is a massive motivation." [Via]

No comments: