Thursday, March 29, 2007

Rossi enjoying loan spell

Italian striker Giuseppe Rossi expects to return to United next term after a valuable season out on loan.

The 20-year-old is an integral part of Parma's fight against relegation from Serie A, and also spent three months before Christmas at Newcastle United.

Rossi was quoted in the Oldham Chronicle as saying: “My contract with United does not expire until June 2010 and I expect to complete it."

The striker has three goals to his name for Claudio Ranieri's side from nine appearances, and he is delighted with how his season has panned out.

“It is important for young players to get their chance and I am getting my chance at Parma where I am turning out regularly and playing well," he said.

“Going to Newcastle was also a good experience, though I didn’t play as much, but the important thing was that I learned a lot while there.”

Rossi briefly returned to England last weekend, starting the Italian U21's pulsating 3-3 draw against England at Wembley.

“Of course it was special to be here," he said. "Just by saying the name Wembley makes you have goose bumps. It was a great occasion and I think we put on a good show." [Via]

No comments: