Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ronaldo wants to stay at Man Utd

Cristiano Ronaldo wants to stay at Manchester United for "many years".

The 22-year-old, who has a contract until 2010, has been in fine form for United this season and has repeatedly been linked to Real Madrid.

"It is a good sign to know I have so many clubs interested in me, such as Real Madrid," said the Portugal winger. "It means that I am valued.

"But I am very happy where I am and I hope to stay at Manchester United for many years."

Ronaldo is currently away on international duty with the Portuguese squad ahead of their Euro 2008 qualifier with Serbia on Wednesday.

He continued his brilliant form by scoring twice as his national side beat Belgium 4-0 on Saturday.

Ronaldo has scored 16 Premiership goals this season, with a further two in the FA Cup.

When asked if he was the best player in the world at the moment, he stated: "The United players are by my side - but of course I believe I am one of the best."

United want the player to sign a new deal, which will take him up to 2012.

"I have a good contract, in financial terms, but what really matters to me is to show my best form," added Ronaldo.

No comments: